Wednesday, March 22, 2006

The Village (2004)

(3/5)

Another brilliant movie from M. Night Shyamalan. But very badly bashed up by the critics all over the world. Everyone seems to be expecting M. Night Shyamalan to deliver only suspense thriller with hair-raising twists!

Well, it is a descent movie, but a little slow paced. Casting and dialogues are superb. Even the theme is not bad. Itz all about a village, with a small population. Everyone lives in fear of some mystical creatures called "Those We Don't Speak Of' in the surrounding Covington Woods. But one day the pact is broken, the creatures attack and finally a blind girl is forced to cross the woods, for her love. See the movie for more...

Couple of quotes from the movie:
Who'll pinch me to wake me up? Who'll laugh at me when i fall? Whose breath will I listen for... so that i may sleep? Whose hand will i hold... so that i may walk?

Sometimes we don't do things we want to do, so that others won't know we want to do them

What makes you think he has feelings for me?
He never touches you

(Lucious) Are you not angry you have no sight?
I see the world, Lucius Hunt. Just not as you see it.

How is it you are brave when all the rest of us shake in our boots?
I do not worry about what will happen, only what needs to be done.

It is amazing to witness which two people love chooses to unite. It follows no rules.

Ivy Walker: When we are married, will you dance with me? I find dancing very agreeable. Why can you not say what is in your head?
Lucius Hunt: Why can you not stop saying what is in yours? Why must you lead, when I want to lead? If I want to dance I will ask you to dance. If I want to speak I will open my mouth and speak. Everyone is forever plaguing me to speak further. Why?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0368447/

No comments: