Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The Notebook (2004)

(4.5/5)

Behind every great love is a great story.


The old man reads a story to an old lady. She has got amnesia, so she doesn’t remember anything for long and her past is lost. The story he is reading is about a city girl and a country boy who had a summer love, which went on for many summers. How he won her, lost her and finally won again. Touching, you can feel it… and most of the times quite unpredictable, still so simple and straight!

I think this is one of the loveliest love stories I know. The story has the power to pull you into the screen and live in it. Don’t be surprised if your eyes get a little wet once in a while. Well, that is a good sign that your heart is still sensitive…

They say mind is very powerful and can do miracles. So if you love with all your mind, may be love can also do miracles. Isn’t that a reasonable logic?


Awards: 11 wins & 7 nominations
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0332280/awards

Quotes:
Young Noah: The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds, and that's what you've given me. That's what I hope to give to you forever. I love you.

Noah: I am nothing special; just a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.

Duke: That's my sweetheart in there. Wherever she is, that's where my home is.

Young Noah: What am I gonna do in New York?
Young Allie: ...Be with me.

1 comment:

Sudeep Jana said...

Completely agree with you...indeed one of the loveliest love stories...watched it a couple of months ago and felt like i saw a good love story after a long long time...(especially after the so called love stories like "KANK" and such crappy movies). tears in eyes on more than one occasion....the story was so simple and yet so touching....